It’s no secret that there are some very strange and creepy toys out there.
But while some look like innocent mistakes that companies may have overlooked during production, others are just plain bizarre and simply cannot be explained.
The following Japanese toys are perfect examples of this, because whoever created them has a seriously weird sense of what fun really is.
1. I’d really rather not, thanks.
2. What’s more fun than a roadkill cat?
3. This is supposedly a piggy bank, but that mouth sure is creepy.
4. This figurine was found in a Japanese toy store.
5. This robotic cockroach is the perfect way to freak out everyone you know.
6. Nothing says having a good time like playing Russian roulette with the kids.
7. This strange toy allows you to poke inside a box to play with digital characters.
8. Who doesn’t love playing with a barfing cat?
9. The H-bouya toy is designed to plug into your USB port, and its eyes turn red and blink every time the “h” button is pressed on your keyboard. The disturbing part about this is that the “h” in the name may also mean “erotic” in Japanese.
10. The Sega robot cat responds to touch and engages in real-life cat behavior. Some of them even talk, like the creepy feline below.
11. Yes, Japan has turned Obama into an action figure.
12. This God Jesus robot acts as a Magic 8-Ball and answers all your questions while holding a cross.
13. Why eat edamame beans when you can play with them on a key chain?
14. This is an inflatable swan that you apparently wear on your crotch. Oh, and it honks when squeezed.
15. We’ve clearly been potty-training our little ones all wrong in the U.S.
16. When you hurl the Lokuloku pig toy at a hard surface, it turns into a puddle of goo and then amazingly bounces back to its original shape.
17. This would be really adorable, if not for the super-unsettling tag attached.