Until we finally learn to stop decorating them with white porcelain, bathrooms will forever be the worst rooms in the house to clean. But what people don’t realize is that there a some simple things you can do to minimize the grime and keep your bathroom from looking like a holding cell at a local precinct. Here are 18 everyday bathroom cleaning tips to keep your water closet spic and span!
1. While you’re cleaning the bathroom, don’t forget to throw your grimy old bathmats in the wash!
2. Is your showerhead all crusty? Try filling a bag up with water and vinegar and attaching it around the head. This will help dissolve all the buildup.
3. Soak your toothbrushes in white vinegar as a natural way to clean them.
4. Squeeze the juice out of half a lemon and then rub your faucet spout with the citrus. It makes it smell great and cleans it!
5. With the fan blowing, you can clean the exhaust vents of your bathroom using canned air.
6. Can’t seem to unclog your sink? Try pouring vinegar and baking soda down the drain, wait 30 minutes, then follow it up with boiling water.
7. For an extra-deep clean, remove your toilet seat every once in a while to get in the crevices. All you need is a flathead screwdriver!
8. You know how your towels sometimes get that terrible mildewy smell? That can be fixed! All you have to do is throw them in the wash along with a cup of vinegar and set it to hot water (no detergent).
9. Placing bleach soaked cotton coil around the edges of your bathtub overnight can help get rid of mildew
10. Dryer sheets are surprisingly good at removing the ring around your toilet.
11. A simple mixture of three parts baking soda to one part bleach can be used to scrub your bathroom tile’s grout.
12. Perhaps the easiest way to clean the toilet tank is to just drop a couple denture tablets in there overnight.
13. They’re meant for dishes, but if you keep one of these soap-dispensing wands in your shower filled with dish detergent and vinegar, it might compel people to get some cleaning done while they’re in there.
14. Mops don’t have to be just for the floors! Depending on the kind it is, you can also mop your walls. Use any all-purpose cleaner for paint, and vinegar or Windex for tile.
15. Do you find that when cleaning your mirrors you end up just smearing the gunk around and making it worse? There’s an easy fix for that — use newspapers instead of paper towels!
16. A good way to remove rust off of chrome is to buy a can of Bar Keepers Friend and scrub it away. Short on cash? You can also just rub tin foil on it with regular old water.
17. Use a drain stick to really get in deep and get rid of all the hair and stuff from the drain.
It’s not pretty work…but it’s important work! If you let your bathroom get too out of hand, it basically becomes a den of grime and bacteria that could be harmful to you and your family’s health. Just sayin’.
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/bathroom-cleaning/