Her Daughter Ran Up To Her, Face Turning Blue — Thankfully, Mom Knew What To Do

According to the New York State Department of Health, choking is the fourth leading cause of unintentional death in children under the age of five.

At least one child dies every five days in the U.S. from choking on food, and over 10,000 children are taken to a hospital emergency room every year for choking-related injuries. These scary facts are exactly why it’s so important for parents to know what to do in this kind of emergency situation. Fortunately for this Texas mom, she was prepared when her little girl’s life was in danger.

While Jennifer Hull’s daughters, 1-year-old Hollis and 3-year-old Hatilynn, were eating chips, Hollis suddenly began gasping and turning blue after one of them got stuck in her throat.

Panicked, she ran to her mother, who immediately used what she had learned in child safety classes.

Read More: This Mom Put Her Baby On The Changing Table…Then Something Unbelievable Happened

(via LittleThings)

Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/mom-saves-choking-daughter/

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Local Events, Concerts, Tickets
Events by Eventful