Their Child Died. Now They Say Petco Is Responsible And They’re Suing.

Losing a child is every parent’s worst nightmare.

The Pankey family recently endured the loss of their 10-year-old son Aiden, but the circumstances of his death left the Pankeys and others questioning the practices of a popular pet store. Aiden had recently received a new pet rat from his grandmother, who bought the animal at Petco. Unbeknownst to the family, the rodent had rat-bite fever, which he then passed on to Aiden.

Aiden loved playing and cuddling with the creature, but two weeks after he contracted the disease, he died. Now his family is suing Petco, claiming they were negligent and knew harm could come to their customers.

Read More: He Posted A Photo Of A Dead Rattlesnake Online. Here’s The Horrifying Reason Why.

Petco says that all customers sign a waiver acknowledging the possibility of rat-bite fever and say they are not at fault. Learn more in the video below.

This is a heartbreaking situation for the Pankey family. Do you think Petco should be held responsible? Let us know in the comments, and be sure to share this article to honor Aiden’s memory.

Read more:

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Local Events, Concerts, Tickets
Events by Eventful