If you’ve seen the horror movies “Annabelle” or “Dead Silence,” you might already be a bit nervous around puppets.
These things are meant to be cute and entertaining, but there’s something about their painted-on smiles and jerky movements that can also be really, really unsettling. We’ve gathered photos of 20 terrifying puppets that will give you some serious nightmare fuel. A few are meant to be creepy, while others look scary because of a lost battle with time. Either way, I’m definitely going to have bad dreams tonight.
1. Who decided that making this thing was okay?
2. A serial killer definitely lives here.
3. This red-faced puppet was abandoned at the Bread and Butter Puppet Theater, a truly terrifying place in its own right.
4. Sometimes, it’s hard to tell what’s creepier — the puppet or the person holding it.
5. See what I mean?
6. No one should ever have to stumble upon this in a creepy basement.
7. The strings on marionettes always remind me of a hangman’s noose…
8. And that goes double when they’re hanging in trees!
9. If I found this in my attic, I’d move immediately.
10. This fang-toothed bunny puppet arose from a watery grave like Jason Voorhees.
11. And this terrifying German puppet has been hanging around since the 1870s!
12. With recent news headlines, I think we’re all a little afraid of clowns.
13. On the flip side, there’s no real reason to fear this little puppet, but he’s unsettling all the same!
14. Even just the head of a puppet is enough to induce nightmares.
15. What kind of black magic nonsense is this?
16. Did someone call the Boogie Man?
17. And here we have a tiny army of “animal people.”
18. This scary puppet has a tiny scary puppet of his very own, just in case he needs someone to cuddle in the night.
19. Are we 100 percent certain there’s nobody in there?!
20. Perhaps creepiest of all is this “little girl giant” puppet in London. I definitely wouldn’t want to see her come walking toward me!
Good luck sleeping tonight!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/terrifying-puppets/